'Our Lady of Fatima Church'
Fatima Mandir, Molkod P. O.
Via Hosad - 581 335
1927 - 1st small chapel by
Rev. Ruzar Remend Gomes.
1934 – 2nd Chapel by the
1936 – The miraculous
statue of our Lady of Fatima sent from Portugal by
bishop Manuel Pereira – installed.
1954 – Third big chapel
built by Msgr. M. C. Menezes.
24.4.1974 – Blessing of
the cemetery by Fr. Santosh O.F.M Cap.
23.4.1976 – Blessing of
the new church by Dr. Ignatius Lobo, Bishop of belgaum,
built by Fr. Santosh O.F.M Cap.
1980 – Great Floods on the
banks of Sharavati river nearly 60 new tiled houses were
builth with the help of Andheri-Hilf during the time of
Fr. Apollinaris O.F.M Cap.
17.4.1985 – Blessing of
the renovated church by Dr. William D’mello, Bishop of
Karwar. During Fr. Roshan O.F.M Cap.
17.4.1985 – Inauguration
of Assisi Niketan – by V. Rev. Fr. Ligoury O.F.M Cap,
17.4.1985 – Opening of the
Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima by Fr. Simon Tellis, Vecar
2.4.1986 – Coconut
saplings put in the garden – ‘Canaan’(Promised Land!)
17.4.1987 – fencing (the
promised land) the coconut garden.
21.5.1987 – New Well work
LIST FOR PARISH
PASTORAL COUNCIL MEMBERS
Mr. Malcolm Sunil Rodrigues
Most Rev. Derek Fernandes
Bishop of Karwar
Rev. Fr. Alphy D’silva
Our Parish Priest